Getting started - Technical requirements - Re-authenticating every 90 days - If you already have a Henle account - When you graduate - Saving a PDF - Don't do these things! -Troubleshooting - Video tutorial.
Using the Henle Library app, you view, play from, annotate, download (for offline access), and print out many of Henle's publications, scores and individual parts. See here for a detailed descriptions of its features. To get started:
- If you already have a personal Henle Library account, see below for instructions on transferring to the free Library account.
Otherwise, continue as follows:
- Create a login on this web page (you cannot do this in the app itself). You must use your MSM email address. Create a password of your own choosing.
- Reply to the confirmation email.
- Download the Henle Library app.
- Log in using the credentials you just created.
The Henle Library app was built to run on the following devices:
- iPad: iPad 2 and higher and on the iPad Mini 1 and higher. The iPad Air and higher and iPad Mini 2 and higher are recommended; performance limitations must be expected on iPads with lower specifications.
- Android: The app runs on tablets with Android version 5.0 or higher and “large” screen size (Android definition).
- M1 Macbooks: Though not designed to work on desktop computers, the app will work on Apple's new M1 Macbooks.
- The app does not run on smartphones.
Re-authenticating. Unless you use the Henle app on campus regularly (where re-authentication happens automatically), you'll have to re-validate your account every 90 days. Should you fail to re-validate, your account will be blocked, and you'll have six months in which to re-establish it; after that, your account and any annotations you have made will be deleted.
If you already have a personal Henle Library account, you can transfer your purchases, annotations, and playlists to the free institutional account for the duration of your matriculation at MSM. To do so:
- Log into the app using your old account details.
- If you used your MSM email address to create your personal account, tap the Account icon at the bottom left of the screen.
- Change your email address to a non-MSM one.
- Choose "Transfer User Data" from the account section.
- Log in to the app using your institutional account.
Upon graduating, you can keep your personal annotations and playlists by purchasing the scores they are attached to.
You can save or print a PDF of any score. See the instructions here.
Things you may not do:
- Create more than 100 PDFs or print out more than 100 documents per day.
- Register on the app using more than 5 different terminal devices within a period of 1 month.
- Commit acts intended to bypass technical measures to protect the sheet music or to adapt the computer program on which the app is based.
Troubleshooting: If you have trouble with your login or other technical matters, contact us, or write to Henle's own support email.
Watch the video below for a brief introduction to the main features of the Henle Library, or see this page for a quick written description (including how to create and export a score as a PDF).